Couple Gassed at Marriot Residence Inn

by The Editors on November 9, 2007

Talk about a case of bad gas:

A houseckeeper discovered two semi-conscious guests in a motel room Friday afternoon. The subsequent discovery of a carbon monoxide leak led firefighters to quickly evacuate the Marriott Residence Inn, said Battalion Chief Jeff Sprague of the Carlsbad Fire Department.

The out-of-state guests who were supposed to checkout of the Faraday Road Marriott this morning were found in their beds around 2 PM. It appears that a water heater vent pipe had come loose and filled their room with carbon monoxide. The couple were extremely disoriented when hospitalized, but “are expected to fully recover.”

[Link: North County Times]

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: