August Clouds Bring Thunderstorms

by The Editors on August 26, 2007


who thought today would be a great day for a morning stroll got a surprise at 9:30 AM when the skies opened and it began pouring rain (.3 inches) monsoon style. What we thought was bombs going off on base was actually thunder and lightening. Steam floated up off the streets and most ran for cover. Of course the Weather Underground said there was only a 20% chance of rain this morning. Guess they were 80% wrong on this one. The guy crossing Grand Ave. at Roosevelt was one of the few, the proud, the prepared. Who carries an umbrella in Carlsbadistan in August?

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: